How Denver’s TSA Manipulated the Nude-o-Scope So They Could Get to Fondle Attractive Passengers

Don’t think those enhanced pat downs are excuses for the TSA to get their jollies? At Denver they were.

Here’s how the creepy scam worked:

“He related that when a male he finds attractive comes to be screened by the scanning machine he will alert another TSA screener to indicate to the scanning computer that the party being screened is a female. When the screener does this, the scanning machine will indicate an anomaly in the genital area and this allows (the male TSA screener) to conduct a pat-down search of that area.”

The TSA learned of this November 18 but didn’t act on the information until February. They monitored the screeners involved — who were identified because they bragged to other TSA employees about it — and confirmed it was happening.

Two agents are no longer working at the TSA. As they say, a few bad apples who in no way undermine the hard work that thousands of men and women at the TSA do to keep us safe, day in and day out.

(HT: @TeamRainey)

About Gary Leff

Gary Leff is one of the foremost experts in the field of miles, points, and frequent business travel - a topic he has covered since 2002. Co-founder of frequent flyer community InsideFlyer.com, emcee of the Freddie Awards, and named one of the "World's Top Travel Experts" by Conde' Nast Traveler (2010-Present) Gary has been a guest on most major news media, profiled in several top print publications, and published broadly on the topic of consumer loyalty. More About Gary »

More articles by Gary Leff »

Comments

  1. Fired? Another proof our government is a joke. That’s sexual assault and it’s punished by jail time. After 4 months investigating they couldn’t come up with more usable evidence?

  2. This is criminal. We all should file a complaint with the government to demand that our travels through DEN be investigated, and the tapes for EACH of us be reviewed. The agents ALREADY don’t like it when you try to suggest that they are doing the patdown incorrectly, or that they are not following the rules, this just proves its the case.

  3. DEN is my home airport so I fly out of there quite frequently and thought it odd this kept happening to me. I was starting to like it too…

  4. Please don’t let the illegal, perverted, ignorant, rude, or just dumb behavior of 92% of the TSA screeners ruin the reputation of the other 8% who are actually decent human beings.

  5. I fly out of there quite a bit. Sorry but the TSA agents at DEN are the most misfit, rag-tag bunch that I’ve ever seen. Some may simply be crazy. One time I actually heard a supervisor discussing with another TSA agent about passengers use of “The Jedi mind trick” (seriously).

  6. Sadly complaining about and having them spend more time on investigating will just result in more wasted money that should have never been wasted to begin with. My attitude towards the whole TSA boondoggle is apathetic.

  7. TSA said there are no criminal charges being filed, because, even though they have video of the agent fondling the victim, they are incapable of identifying the victim so…

    Wait, WHAT? Isn’t the ability to positively identify EVERYONE who passes through the check point, exactly the POINT of the TSA? And why do they get to admit their agents committed sexual assault and INVESTIGATE IT THEMSELVES BEHIND CLOSED DOORS??? And they wonder why NO ONE trusts their lying asses!

    By hiding behind closed doors, and keeping the public in the dark, and leaving these two criminals unprosecuted the TSA proves that ALL TSA agents, either commit sexual assault on passengers, or willingly condone sexual assault by their fellows, which is even worse.

  8. Took me awhile to understand this scam as to why there would be an “anomaly” in the genital area…… haha.

  9. That explains it.
    I went thru DEN twice last year and got secondary screening on the PRECHECK lane both times.
    On the second time, I made a fuss and the goon told it was all random.
    I fired back at him that twice in a row ain’t random.
    I guess DEN don’t need no NOS to come up w/ a reason to grope people.
    Now I know why.

  10. You’re right Sam! Except for two areas you’re wrong.
    1. Two in a row (though less likely) absolutely can be random
    2. The article notes that the scam took advantage of the full body scanner. If you’re pre-check, you don’t go through that machine.

    But otherwise I’m with you!

  11. I for one don’t mind. Whatever the government feels is appropriate. They can remove whatever rights they feel are necessary. That’s just the cost of freedom. After all…nine-eleven.

  12. You can tell this was from Apr 2015. Here in the future we know in Mar 2017 that gender can not be determined by looking at someone. You need to ask how the passenger self-identifies.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *