News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta flight from Detroit to Chicago backed into a wall. It’s probably what the award calendar told them to do, and the award calendar is always right so there’s no need for an award – or navigational – charts. (HT: Paul H.)
- How Virgin America’s A320s will fly to Hawaii, when A320s often can’t make a cross country trip westbound in winter.
- Gulfstream pilots ignored safety checks on 99% of trips
- 10 hotel hacks to save money and get an upgrade
- You can now redeem Starbucks rewards (free drinks, birthday free drinks, etc) at their coffee shops inside of Kroger brands.
I just want to be able to use my free drink rewards wherever the place says “Starbucks.” I hate staying at a hotel with a Starbucks in the lobby, say for a week, where I can’t use my free drink reward and I watch it creep towards expiration while I pay for drinks. Cruel, cruel irony that makes me bitter towards the brand..
- Look inside Tokyo’s new Godzilla hotel (HT: Alan H.)