News and notes from around the interweb:
- 2250 Bonus American Miles from the AAdvantage Shopping Portal
- Well, that’s one way to protest.
- Turkish Tourism Minitry Fires Julianne Moore for Bad Acting
- The government of Sri Lanka is accusing their oneworld member and national airline of corruption. The airline is state-owned, and the accusations stem from aircraft purchases while the government was controlled by a different party which means the airline is a political football in partisan political politics. Which doesn’t mean, of course, that a state owned airline isn’t a politically corrupt plaything, just that the complaints are that the airline used to be someone else’s corrupt plaything.
- Passenger mutiny: police had to be called twice during a 5 hour Qatar Airways tarmac delay in Birmingham.
- The US Airways credit card was supposed to disappear for new customer applications once the Dividend Miles program was folded into AAdvantage. Some links still remained, however and this was expected. Those links however seem to have been shut down. RIP.