News and notes from around the interweb:
- Discounted United awards to Hawaii
- Bonus for points transfers into Aeroplan. Unfortunately Membership Rewards transfers aren’t eligible. Starwood transfers are, though — 80,000 Starpoints would yield 125,000 Aeroplan points instead of the usual 100,000.
- How to make my heart stop: This came into my email inbox:
Fortunately this isn’t word that my Suntrust Delta debit card will no longer earn miles for purchases. It’s just that they’re redesigning their online banking site. Which I could care less about since I only use my Suntrust account for debit purchases (and to deposit money into the account, to make more debit purchases).
- Everyone checking into Marriott Courtyard hotels today get 1000 bonus points to celebrate the opening of the 1000th Courtyard property in Walla Walla, Washington. (HT: Paul B.) They expect 50,000 check-ins for 50 million bonus points total.
- Speaking of renaming airports, here’s something I didn’t know: When the Baltimore airport convinced IATA to change its three-letter code from BAL to BWI (to better market itself as a DC-area airport, Baltimore Washington International) there was already a BWI and Bewani, Papua-New Guinea had to change its designator to BWP.