News and notes from around the interweb:
- Details on the Daily Getaway Groupon-type deals are out for 2015. Some are decent, others not so much, here’s the lowdown. I’d buy the Hyatt points, but I probably won’t be quick enough.
- Everyone getting shut down with the new premium Diners Club card. (Which may explain why applications have been ‘unavailable’ for months after first returning in September.)
- Star Alliance carrier Austrian Airlines will launch Miami service 5 times weekly starting October 16.
- China United Airlines, a subsidiary of China Eastern, will become a low cost carrier and offer fares starting at $1.30.
- Reloading Serve cards with Visa, MasterCard, and Discover will end April 16. You’ll still be able to load online with American Express.