News and notes from around the interweb:
- Even ‘Airlines 4 America’ the airline industry lobby group is unwilling to sign onto the United/Delta/American complaint about the three large Gulf airlines.
- Nate Silver takes his statistical prowess to airline schedules and performance. He finds that US Airways, Alaska, and Virgin America are operationally better than Delta (which is of course better than United and American), and that the New York area airports and Chicago O’Hare are unsurprisingly quite awful.
- Some Starwood hotels changed categories — or didn’t — this week contrary to what had previously been announced.
- Ryanair to fly to Spain’s ‘Ghost Airport’
- Promo code USMRIOT takes 20% off Dallas-originating and 15% off other US-originating itineraries on Emirates for booking through March 31 and travel through May 15. (HT: S.)
- Video of slides deploying on several different aircraft