News and notes from around the interweb:
- United is renovating its lounges with “improved wi-fi, more power outlets and more comfortable seating” — even redoing the incomparable B18 lounge at O’Hare. Here’s the renovation schedule.
- Unions representing SkyChefs and Gate Gourmet workers want a federal 50 cent per ticket tax to supplement their wages. I’m surprised there’s as much catering spend still:
Airlines spent $3.62 per passenger on food in 2013, according to federal statistics, down from $4.79 in 2001.
- Lufthansa’s Munich flights now all have their new first class.
- If this doesn’t scare you off of Global Entry, nothing will! (If you have any outstanding warrants, that is..)
- SAS sells a London Heathrow slot pair to Turkish