News and notes from around the interweb:
- United is launching once-weekly New Orleans-Cancun flights. I always find these routes strange and fascinating, there’s usually a backstory to them that’s not always immediately obvious.
- New mobile payment app that lets you send $3750 by credit card without fees.
- Air Canada has a promo code for 15% off to Asia
- British Airways is gutting its small business program, too.
The winner, as with the Avios changes, will be the rarely-spotted individual who flies exclusively in Club World and First on fully flexible tickets during the week but who loves nothing more than jumping into a World Traveller seat when he travels for leisure.
- What’s the most improved vacation opportunity for those spending US dollars? Argentina is a great bargain, especially when you exchange cash at the street rather than the official price. Berlin is a good value for Europe. Mexico is a bargain overall.