News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- American Express is losing its Costco co-brand relationship. (HT: Alan H.) That will also mean the end of buying with Visa/MasterCard on their website and returning in-store where they can’t return payment to your non-Amex card and have to cut you a check. Amex is also expected to lose its JetBlue co-brand to Barclays.
- Delta has a new Vice President in charge of SkyMiles. Sandeep Dube started last month, though I never saw any announcement. He comes from Wells Fargo and HSBC, with a background in credit cards and consumer lending.
- Just hours left: New day room booking site and app Hotels By Day is giving away free day rooms. There are surprisingly few entries, so your chances of winning are good. So enter.
- Korean Air’s ‘nut rage’ Vice President received a one year sentence. She’ll serve her time and then United CEO Jeff Smisek will hire her to turn around inflight.
- American’s 787 seats will offer ‘zero gravity position’
- Man does striptease in the aisle of a United flight. There’s a photo.
- South African resuming non-stop Johannesburg – New York flights. This eliminates the fuel stop in Dakar, Senegal.
- You can join the 50,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!