News and notes from around the interweb:
- New day room booking site and app Hotels By Day is giving away free day rooms. There are surprisingly few entries, so your chances of winning are good. So enter.
- The inside scoop on United’s ellusive Global Services status. In addition to everything mentioned there, Global Services members departing Frankfurt or Munich in United first class get access to Lufthansa first class lounges.
- The cities in the UK where you can originate your return from Europe without paying the premium cabin luxury tax on a BA Avios redemption.
- 4 Ways You’re Probably Using Your Airline Miles Incorrectly (from me over at USA Today Travel).
- Does Thailand’s military government want to ban orgies?
- Orbitz and Skiplagged — the website that helps you find throwaway tickets to save money on airfare — have settled the lawsuit Orbitz had filed (Skiplagged had been sending visitors to Orbitz to book tickets.) The United lawsuit against the site is still pending.
- Virgin America first class and main cabin select fare sale. Book by today for travel between March 3 and April 30.
- Drone waiters coming to Singapore? (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- You can join the 50,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!