- The plane will be based at DFW.
- Its initial domestic revenue flights, before it begins international service, will be Dallas – Chicago starting May 7
- It will fly Dallas – Beijing June 2
- And Dallas – Buenos Aires June 4
The 787 should be loaded into the schedule this Saturday, February 14.
American has 42 firm orders for the 787-8 and 787-9 and options on an additional 58 planes.
American plans to load 28 lie-flat business class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration and then 198 main cabin seats in a 3-3-3 configuration. 48 of those main cabin seats will be used for Main Cabin Extra
The business class product — or at least photos they’re releasing — appears similar to the new business class onboard their Boeing 777-300ER and refreshed 777-200 aircraft.
This plane — with lower costs to operate than a 777 — is perfect for American’s Asia routes that aren’t presently full. I’m skeptical about the shorter distance of South America routes, but there’s been recent weakness in Argentina so downgauging there could make sense.
Regardless, it’s a gorgeous plane and I’m excited that American now has it!
- You can join the 50,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!