News and notes from around the interweb:
- Frontier Airlines miles will expire after just six months instead of the customary 18 months starting in March. They’re inching closer and closer to Spirit Air (their private equity ownership and their President come over with Spirit backgrounds).
- Hints about the first routes for American’s 787.
- The @USAirways Twitter account will close at the end of the month. One more step towards integration with American.
- JetBlue now offers Coursera course content through its inflight entertainment. I rarely use an airline’s entertainment system, I work instead but if I’m going to watch something it will be on my laptop. But if I were going to use there content, this is exactly what I’d want.
- The $950 annual fee Merrill Lynch Octave card. Way too high a price point for the benefits, Bank of America offers a similar rebate card without the price tag and the perks aren’t as good as American Express Platinum. Still there will be a handful of folks who make use.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!