News and notes from around the interweb:
- The full schedule is up for the only major ‘Frequent Traveler University’ even of the year.
- Do airline loyalty programs have a future? Lucky from One Mile at a Time, Brett from Cranky Flier, and I debate this in an online forum.
- 5 Ways to Earn Elite Status With Little or No Flying
- Enter my hotel points giveaway. If you win you get to choose the program, and it’s a whole bunch of points!
- The Park Hyatt Sanya has opened! I can’t wait to stay at this resort on the South China Sea. It will be a fantastic value at category 5 for redemptions, especially cash and points (10,000 points and $125 per night). The base room is over 600 square feet, and suites are over 1200 square feet.
- Man on United Express flight urinates in coffee cups in the galley.
He thought that was a reasonable replacement for what the airline usually serves.He couldn’t wait for his turn to use the lavatory.
- Trip report: Kuwait Airways’ renovated lounge and new Airbus A320 business class. Since they have a fifth freedom route between New York and London, I look forward to seeing a new product for transatlantic flying too..
- The making of the Air France first class seat. I don’t find the La Premiere seat all that impressive, though some disagree. (HT: Alan H.)
- You can join the 50,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!