I’ve never really been jealous of iPhone users before. I’m an Android guy, and that means I can’t download the new MobileSuites app when it comes out in a few weeks. It’s only for the Apple ecosystem at launch.
This app will let you order room service, request housekeeping, set up transportation, and reserve restaurant and spa services regardless of where you’re staying.
Diamond room service breakfast at the Andaz 5th Avenue, New York
They have a database of over 1200 hotels including many from the major hotel chains and rolling out quickly across their portfolio of full service hotels. Through their free app, MobileSuites facilitate interaction between guests and hotels (they aren’t formally partnered with the chains at this point).
They offered to give a View from the Wing reader a bunch of hotel points. For avoidance of doubt, nothing to me for running the contest, just an opportunity to highlight something that sounds pretty cool and to get hotel points to a reader.
And I do think this is a great idea. Since I hate the phone, and since hotels always get my room service orders wrong (I’d much rather communicate it in writing), I’m excited with this functionality.
When Hyatt’s Andaz brand first rolled out one of the things they offered was hotel services via text. I had mixed results with it four years ago.
Key things to know about the roll-out of the app:
- The first 2000 signups that enter an email address on their website will receive early access to the MobileSuites app (on March 1st).
- Anybody that signs up and refers a friend will be entered into a drawing for a free 3 night stay at any of the hotels on the app.
- They tell me that starting March 1st the app will be available at nearly every full-service Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott hotel across the country.
Given that they’re working with these four brands, the winner of this giveaway will have their choice of one of:
- 70,000 Hilton points
- 30,000 Hyatt points
- 20,000 Starwood points
- 55,000 Marriott points
Here’s how to enter to win points:
- Visit the MobileSuites website. By the way, you really should sign up to be able to download their app if you can..
- Leave a comment on this post with the specific hotel you’d most like to try their service with.
- You can enter up to 5 times, by mentioning 5 different hotels.
Entries close Sunday, February 8 at Noon Eastern. I’ll draw one winner with the help of random.org. As always with my giveaways, I’m trying to provide value to readers and not taking anything for running this contest. All of my decisions are final, and by entering you specifically agree to waive any claims related to the contest.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!