News and notes from around the interweb:
- $150 bonus for opening a SunTrust checking account in-branch.
- Merrill Lynch has a mysterious new American Express card for wealthy clients
- Flights from UAE to Baghdad Suspended After FlyDubai Aircraft Hit By Gunfire
- Apparently this is still a thing, though I wouldn’t do it: selling your credit card authorized user slots to help others’ boost their credit scores.
- A prepaid debit card that doesn’t seem to work well for just generating spend, but does seem to offer free Chipotle.
- Earn AAdvantage miles for hotel reviews. Not worth my time at 70 miles per, but some will do this.
- Marriott buying Canada’s Delta Hotels.
- Alaska extending free streaming inflight entertainment for two more months, starting to rent Microsoft tablets February 1.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!