News and notes from around the interweb:
- Double Virgin America points through March 31. Registration required.
- Some commenters are reporting being told that Chase points transfers to Korean will return on January 25. I reached out again to Chase and got simply, “We anticipate the functionality returning soon.”
- Supreme Court rules air marshall didn’t violate federal law when leaking TSA plans.
- The new Vietnam Airlines blog, focused on that nation’s carrier and others in Southeast Asia, has new details on the Vietnam Airlines 787 including new lie flat business class seats and a seat map mockup. Now that Delta offers one-way awards I may wind up trying something like this..
- Double American AAdvantage miles between the US/Canada and Asia on American and their joint venture partner JAL (though not on American’s China routes). There’s also a variety of JAL intra-Asia routes offering double miles, too. Most fare classes qualify. For premium cabin tickets these bonuses will stack with American’s big year-long offer.
- The Chicago O’Hare concessions mess. HMS Host controls 60% of food and beverage at the airport, on a month-to-month contract. There’s no aviation commissioner in place, and the city council’s aviation committee has added collecting bargaining requirements to any new contracts that moves forward once one is eventually hired.
- Chicago O’Hare has more flights… while Atlanta supports more passengers.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!