News and notes from around the interweb:
- New crowd source app for helicopter rides to and from the 3 New York area airports. First ride is $99. Hermes interiors, hors d’oeuvres from Bouchon Bakery. Not the worst idea at the first ride price for JFK and Newark.
- The Affordable Care Act is a sore point for the pilots contract at American Airlines. The relevant issue is what happens if and when the union’s health plan is determined to trigger a Cadillac tax?
- Marriott has brought back their ‘elite status buyback’ offer as they do each year.
- Citibank’s American AAdvantage Executive cardholders can now buy up for a spouse to access the Admirals Clubs
- Royal Air Maroc to join Star Alliance? This would be cool, since while Casablanca is pretty easy to get to on points Narrakech I find near-impossible. This would open up Morocco.
- FAA inspectors will be required to ‘sign an agreement’ that says if they bypass security checkpoints and bring weapons with them that they will lose the right to bypass checkpoints.
And the UN will write them a very stern letter.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!