News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m giving away 5 prizes each of a $200 gift card and top tier elite status with National Car Rental. Leave a comment in the entry thread, that’s all you have to do to enter.
- Reports of a Citi Prestige 50,000 point signup bonus. Here’s a review of the card and how to leverage its points.
- Interview with the CEO of a website that lets you buy and sell non-refundable hotel rooms. Brilliant way to get your money back out of a booking you made, or as a buyer to get room nights as a discount by providing this liquidity. No doubt in time hotels will find a way to crack down on the practice.
- Emirates is dishonoring car service reservations they had previously confirmed for premium cabin passengers whose tickets (whether paid or award) were issued by partner airlines other than Qantas.
- Terrorism predictions tend to look pretty silly in hindsight. (.pdf, HT: Jesse Walker)
- Not sure how I missed this earlier, but effective January 1 American Express OPEN savings – which used to give ‘up to 10%’ (or 4 points per dollar) back with certain partners now gives 5% back (or 2 points). I don’t much care because US full service Hyatts remain at 5% and that’s my primary use for the benefit, paying with my Starwood business Amex. Hertz and FedEx are 5% as well.
- Miami Airport’s Boingo contract expires in June and they’re looking at replacing the offering with free wifi.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!