News and notes from around the interweb:
- List of rewards-earning debit cards
- Earn 2 nights at a Hyatt when you spend $250 at Rite Aid
- Airline sacrificed a pair of goats as part of repairs to a Boeing 757. This was apparently done several years ago by Nepal Airlines to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu god of sky protection. I have to imagine this procedure was not noted in the log book.
- 13 United flight attendants are seeking federal assistance from OSHA to get their jobs back. They were fired for refusing to work a flight – which eventually had to be cancelled – from San Francisco to Hong Kong that had this written on the aircraft:
- A Ryanair flight to London Stansted unloaded arriving passengers at a departure gate by mistake. Everyone had been through security somewhere, and anyone who arrived from Lisbon didn’t actually do anything untoward on the flight. But they made everyone go through security screening again, anyway.
- ‘Uber for private planes’ is suing the FAA.
- 20% off United saver economy awards to Japan. Book by January 11 and travel between January 13 and March 11.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!