News and notes from around the interweb:
- Halle Barry’s husband hit an airport employee with an empty child’s car seat at LAX’s Tom Bradley International terminal yesterday. TMZ has video. It doesn’t look like much harm was done to me, but the employee went to the hospital. (HT: Alan H.)
- At the Freddie Awards last year in Seattle, the told the crowd that I’d had a rough flight getting in, I understand how passengers can hate the airlines since American just made me pay for my emotional baggage. Ryanair, though, fell for the joke on twitter. (HT: Alan H.)
- The Delta employee accused of smuggling guns at Atlanta airport was already a convicted felon. (HT: Reid F.)
- Take 3 Amtrak Acela roundtrips by February 28, and get a free Acela roundtrip to use in July or August. Registration required.
- The United Express checked baggage operation at Denver is a mess. Everything old is new again.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!