News and notes from around the interweb:
- Virtuoso’s flutes destroyed by US customs
- What Ferran Adria is doing now. He closed El Bulli because of the ‘pressure’ of repeating himself. My framing, not his, is that it was the JohN Stuart Mill problem: when you’ve accomplished everything there is by a young age, what point is there in going on? (Fortunately neither Mill nor Adria killed themselves, though Mill at least contemplated it.)
- Marketing matters: The name of VietJet’s premium fare bundle alone makes me want to ‘buy up’ on my next Southeast Asian low cost carrier flight. They won’t have women in bikinis dancing down the aisles of every flight. But I can get priority airport services, including lounge access, as a skyboss.
- A Captain recalls piloting the last flight into Nicosia’s airport in North Cyprus as Turkey invaded
- Man builds working 737 flight simulator for his 2 year old daughter.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!