News and notes from around the interweb:
- Nutella jars seized from pregnant mother because they represented terror risk. (HT: Alan H.) The airport staff was ‘just following orders’ so I don’t blame them per se, although along the lines of questions that are rarely asked, if liquids are so dangerous, why are they tossed together in a bin next to the checkpoint instead of dealt with by a hazmat team?
- In recommending that you not slam someone’s head against an overhead bin as a solution to kids crying on a plan, @danrothschild reminds me that you shouldn’t put babies inside overhead bins either.
- Troubling. (HT: Milepoint)
- Air France KLM is deferring deliveries of Boeing 777s due in over the next two years after revising down profit expectations for the third time this year. (HT: Alan H.)
- A one man band marching around the Seattle airport. Sort of cool, but what possesses someone to do this? (HT: Tocqueville)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!