News and notes from around the interweb:
- A new wild theory from France on MH370: that it was remotely hijacked and shot down by US forces near Diego Garcia. (HT: World Airline News)
- Is National Car Rental’s Virtual Aisle all that it is cracked up to be?
- Delta rolls out New York’s best barbecue to more transatlantic flights as a business class meal choice. (‘Best barbecue’ and ‘New York’ is a pretty low bar, and Blue Smoke is way overpriced for what it is, but if it translates to the sky I’m impressed!)
- Airlines will be compensated because of UK air traffic control meltdown.. but passengers won’t be (HT: Alan H.)
- Air France flight makes an emergency landing because of chili peppers. (HT: Alan H.)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!