News and notes from around the interweb:
- There’s a new app that tells you when you can take a very short walk to avoid Uber’s surge pricing. That seems to me very much in the spirit of surge pricing itself, getting both consumers and drivers to react, to shift both supply and demand. One blogger who drives for Uber REALLY doesn’t like the idea, though!
- How to visit Cuba while it’s still illegal, of course these are tips we likely won’t need very soon.
- Free Geek Squad help at Chicago O’Hare until December 23
- 5000 bonus points and extra baggage allowance for using Etihad’s ‘Moonlight Check-in’
- Etihad unveils its A380, 787, and new cabin crew uniforms
- A guy who ticketed a mistake fare in his ex’s name has found someone else with the same name to travel with.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!