News and notes from around the interweb:
- Heartwarming: United’s fantasy flight to the North Pole for sick kids.
- Frequent Miler ‘may’ have had his account frozen by Paypal for buying Paypal My Cash cards and cashing them out. Here’s how he got his money back.
- Per the South African Airways Voyager newsletter, the US Airways-South African frequent flyer partnership ends January 17, so book any remaining awards by January 16. The final unwinding of US Airways Dividend Miles bilateral relationships with Star Alliance carriers begins, in advance of the Dividend Miles program getting folded into American AAdvantage. (HT: Ribka)
- A card that lets you earn an 8% return (towards merchandise) on up to $7000 spend each month in a rotating set of categories.
- ‘Twas the Overnight Before Christmas: The Merry Tale of Air Cargo Deregulation. (For realz.)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!