Hyatt emailed me yesterday to let me know that a stay I completed two and a half weeks ago was at my 50th Hyatt hotel.
They produced a map of the places I’ve stayed, and also had a list.
Several things struck me about their reaching out with this information, and 10,000 bonus points (which I value at ~ $140):
- I’m amazed I haven’t stayed at more than 50 Hyatt properties. I tend to use them for business mostly, staying at the same properties time and again. (In fact, I was certain that I had stayed at more than 50, but I’ve gone through their list and it appears they’re correct. Imagine that?)
- Award stays do count. There are properties on the list that I’ve used points only at, but they’re part of my 50.
- Hyatt is still offering a ‘surprise and delight’ at 50 properties, I hadn’t heard about it in awhile.
- They’re giving me 10,000 points — not a free night’s stay.
Of course now I’m going to be expecting something from Gold Passport when I hit 100 properties!
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!