News and notes from around the interweb:
- 10 Veteran Aircraft Types You May Be Surprised Are Still in Service
- 500 free US Bank FlexPerks points
- Spirit Airlines takes on United: So much for low cost carriers focusing on underserved cities. Spirit will begin Denver – Los Angeles service, in addition to previously-announced Denver-Chicago and Los Angeles-Cleveland flights. These will bring Spirit’s Denver operation to 10 cities and Los Angeles to 9.
- Delta’s mileage-earning rates for partner flights next year have finally been released
- Cranky Flier talks to JetBlue founder and Brizilian airline Azul CEO Dave Neeleman about why their new service to the US can succeed, and more.
- If someone sitting next to you purchases Buy on Board, you’re 30% more likely to do so as well. (HT: Hans M.)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!