News and notes from around the interweb:
- All-Audi all-inclusive car rental company Silvercar (see How I Made $12 on My Audi Rental Car) will now award Virgin America miles: 500, 1000, and 2000 points on this 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rental through December 31.
- LAX has new rules to promote unionization at the airport, and airlines are suing
- Power your devices with all those LCD monitors in the airport
- The management and culture shift that Uber needs to make
- At Newark Airport, mashed potatoes will cost you 1150 MileagePlus miles. Even factoring in sales tax that’s only 3/4ths of a penny per mile. Please don’t do it.
- Improving departure throughput on those two parallel runways at SFO:
FAA also agreed to decide by sometime next year on implementing Wake Turbulence Mitigation for Departures—an experimental procedure that permits departures on closely spaced parallel runways depending on real-time cross-wind conditions, with likely initial implementations at BOS and SFO.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!