News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airline service is bad because they can’t fire flight attendants. I think it’s deeper than that, here’s why flight attendants offer poor service and why airlines aren’t nice.
- Massive devaluation of the El Al Matmid program coming in February. That’s one I didn’t see coming.
- A germaphobe’s strategies for a clean hotel room (HT: Alan H.)
- New York JFK air traffic controllers lied for $170,000 in extra compensation
- EU Flyer says you can get 500 free Starwood Starpoints for updating your preferences
- Join the flight crew of a 737 and enjoy the ride!
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!