You care about an Iberia sale because:
- Iberia is an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner.
- If you have an Iberia account that’s been open three months and has earned even 1 point, you can transfer British Airways Avios into Iberia.
But what’s more interesting about the Iberia sale is:
- Iberia adds lower fuel surcharges to Iberia flights than British Airways does.
- There are even some routes in business class available
Book by November 15 for travel between December 1 and January 31.
With this sale, Madrid-Chicago is just 20,000 miles one-way in business tax. Expect taxes and fees of less than $150.
You can book Madrid-Chicago-Madrid, or Madrid-Chicago, but not Chicago-Madrid-Chicago. So this is useful for US residents for a return from Europe.
Somewhat surprisingly, availability during the sale period isn’t strong. Here are the flights that currently have 2 or more business class award seats available on the route:
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!