News and notes from around the interweb:
- Robots Will Enable Pilots To Avoid Starting Engines Until Right Before Takeoff
- Berliners fly from metal shed while waiting for airport
- Reno airport is getting Guadalajara service and season London flights. The press release says that London service “is contingent upon US Customs and Border Protection approval of landing rights.” Of course, CBP doesn’t approve ‘landing rights’ – they have to agree to staff the arrivals facility. And you can’t make ’em do it.
- Air Armenia has suspended operations.. until December 20th. They blame the Russians, for cutting off air navigation service in Russia. Because the airline doesn’t pay its bills.
- Don’t like the idea of making an investment in the Virgin American IPO? Consider a strategic stake in Vietnam Airlines instead.
- The joint venture between Nok Air and Singapore Airlines, NokScoot (really) is one step closer to launch from Bangkok.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!