News and notes from around the interweb:
- Barclaycard was on this a year ago. (HT: Million Mile Secrets)
- The Trip Sherpa is reporting that Hyatt’s fast track to top tier elite status, which was easily abused, has been eliminated. I’ve reached out to confirm this, and if true to see whether they are replacing it with any alternative way to smooth the path for elites with other hotel chains to move their business to Hyatt. (HT: @ManchesterKyle)
- My Ultimate Guide to Booking American AAdvantage awards needs a slight tweak, because JonNYC is reporting that the language for allowing connectings in a third region when traveling between two regions has been modified slightly for connections in Sri Lanka (SriLankan is a new oneworld airline).
North America to Indian Sub Cont/Middle East
Central/South America Zone 1 to Indian Sub Cont/Middle East
South America Zone 2 to Indian Sub Cont/Middle East
Can now all connect in:
Europe & Bhutan /British Indian Ocean Territory /Sri Lanka
- Starwood has launched ‘Your World Rewards’ with Emirates, a program that looks very similar to their Crossover Rewards program with Delta — earn Starwood points in addition to miles when purchasing Emirates tickets, and Starwood elites get elite treatment from the airline as well. I don’t yet know details on what Emirates elites get from Starwood, but it’s like similar to how Delta elites are treated. (HT: @TravelJono)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!