News and notes from around the interweb:
- Bone up on your Spirit Airlines knowlewdge: They charge a ‘passenger usage fee’ for booking online which is funny, since they supposedly axed their ‘web convenience fee’ back in 2008. Sneaky!
- Your rental car costs more: Avis Budget Achieves First Large Commercial Pricing Gains Since 2009
- Not travel: Kevin Bacon Explains the ’80s to Millenials
- And MH370 Will Thus Be Found in 2091: Has Amelia Earhart’s plane been found?
- There’s No Experience Like No Experience: Unrelated to the Amelia Earhart developments, Virgin Atlantic launching is an 18 month training program for pilots who have zero experience
- It’s a Transformer! The airplane-car-helicopter is apparently going to be a thing.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!