News and notes from around the interweb:
- Sign up for Rocketmiles if you aren’t already a member. Their first-time booking bonus of 3000 miles in your choice of program has been extended through December 12. The site awards lots of miles for hotel bookings, but doesn’t generally earn hotel program credit when you book. I consider this perfect for making bookings for non-status friends, and for when there’s not a good option available with one of my preferred hotel programs.
- Doctor of Credit speculates on the terms and conditions for the upcoming promotion offering 7500 American AAdvantage miles for test driving a Cadillac.
- A look at Lufthansa’s new premium economy seat.
- Yesterday I asked how American’s new announced thrice-daily Los Angeles – Atlanta service could make sense? One common piece of speculation, expressed in this comment by a reader off the blog, is that the move was retaliation against Delta:
This is retaliation against Delta for a few things. A few weeks ago, Delta launched LAX-Dallas and started to move toward Latin America, which American considers its property. But Delta has also thrown some junk fares in American’s markets. I’m not sure what their strategy is there, but it is ironic, since the old US Airways used to do the same thing to its competitors.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!