News and notes from around the interweb:
- Former Frequent Traveler University speaker Chris Guillebeau’s new book on quests and lessons learned from visiting every country in the world, which I wrote about two weeks ago, has debuted at number 3 on the new York Times’ bestseller list! Congratulations Chris! Definitely check out The Happiness of Pursuit!
- Low hanging fruit: It makes sense why hotels that charge for internet require you to log in for access. But I don’t understand why hotels offering free wifi make you log in. Just a thought about how to make travelers’ lives better in a small way but that would improves things at the margin every day.
- 1000 free Best Western points
- The government has shut down the original Chinatown bus line
- The first American Airlines retrofitted Boeing 777-200 with new interior left Hong Kong for Dallas.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!