News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Citi Double Cash Card — which in my view is the strongest cash rebate card — is targeting some people with signup bonuses.
- There may be a brief window to get a whole lot of extra value from the Citi Prestige card.
- Why Maui’s Kahului Airport three-letter code is OGG
- Teachers buy a UK airport
- IranAir will retire the last Boeing 747SP in November. It flies Tehran – Kuala Lumpur.
- Assembling an aircraft in a private hanger is actually illegal. So is storing gliders and balloons. Aircraft wheels can’t be stored in an aircraft hangar with the aircraft itself, either. Who knew?
- You can buy a bed made from a Boeing 747 GE engine nacelle. Or perhaps you prefer a conference table?
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!