IHG Rewards Promotions — for the fall it’s “Into the Nights” but it’s basically a redux of “The Big Win” which is fun, specific offers targeted though so whether or not it’s especially lucrative will depend on the offer you get — and how easy it is to earn tons of bonus points depends on your stay plans.
A few people have managed to add incremental stays at the margin quite lucratively with the offer in the past, but in general it’s not quite generous enough to be worth staying just for the points.
The tag line of the earning potential is “Earn at least two free nights, 50,000 IHG Rewards Club bonus points or 10,000 bonus miles” though of course many members will be given an opportunity to earn more.
A look at how this promotion has worked in the past will tell you what you can expect and how this will happen:
- IHG Rewards Big Win Promotion Now Available Find Out How Many Points You Can Earn
- IHG Rewards Introduces Round 2of Big Win – First Quarter Major Promotion
- IHG Rewards Big Win Promotion Launches Early, Details Revealed
- New IHG Rewards Promotion Launching Monday: the Big Win
- Registration will be required at www.ihg.com/freenights starting on Thursday September 4.
- You’ll receive a targeted offer – earn points or miles for stays, stays with different brands, weekend stays, etc.
- The promotion period will run through the end of the year, and the earning progress will trackable at www.ihg.com/freenights
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!