News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m pretty sure I once posted a video of a flight attendant making grilled cheese sandwiches with the iron in their hotel room. What about hot dogs, hamburgers, eggs, and toasted marshmallows? (HT: Liz M.) I’d prefer to order room service.
- Leveraging your dining out: How to earn miles when you dine out at restaurants. The Ins and Outs of OpenTable for reservations. And the best card to use at restaurants to pay your bill.
- British Airways will introduce pre-order meals in business and first class. This is more like what American Airlines has, where you order from what would be on the plane anyway (and thus make sure you get your first choice) rather than what Singapore Airlines and others (like Thai) offer where you can pick from a larger menu and they’ll have your choice onboard for you.
- Light rail now links DFW airport with downtown.
- People keep getting into strangers’ cars because they think its an Uber
- Fewer Americans take real vacations.