News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- TSA employee solicits child sex using work computer. Gets arrested by a sting operation. Claims he was really just running own rogue sting operation. Just who you want running the nude-o-scopes, right?
- Philippine Airlines has advice for tourists visiting post-coup Thailand: don’t take selfies with solders without their permission, don’t wear red, and don’t bring copies of 1984. I stand by How Will Thailand’s Military Coup Affect Travel? (HT: Toqueville)
- Support TravelBlawg as an ABA Top 100 Legal Blog. I’ll be honest and say that my favorite legal blog is The Volokh Conspiracy (which, coincidentally, was the very first blog to link to mine 12 years ago). But surely TravelBlawg is in the top 100… So help a guy out.
- Credit card that earns 25 cents in rewards for each 1 cent transaction. Sadly they cap rewards at $20 per month, so it’s not truly scaleable.
- Delta ending duty free sales tomorrow over a dispute with its vendor.
- IHG Rewards Club promotion registration terms now say that just because you register for a promotion you may not have been targeted for, doesn’t mean you’ll get the points.
- Lyft is introducing cheaper ridesharing also. (HT: Alan H)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!