News and notes from around the interweb:
- United has changed several published award rules. Here’s a change that appears to have actually been implemented into their pricing logic, though: US-South Africa awards successfully routing via China or Brazil.
- A million people are listed on the US government’s terrorist watch list. Once everyone’s a terrorist, is anyone?
- Air India plane grounded in Delhi as rats run riot, sent for fumigation. “The most common way for rats to get on board an aircraft is through catering vans.” Lovely. (HT: Claire M.)
- OneVanilla Prepaid Visas Working at Walmart Again?
- 1000 free air berlin miles when you sign up for a no cost duty free program.
- Uber launching UberPool — on-demand carpooling. You split your ride cost with a stranger headed in the same direction. If they can’t find a stranger within 5 minutes ride by yourself and keep the discount. (HT: Hans M.)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!