News and notes from around the interweb:
- Good deal gets even better: The big United Visa 50,000 point bonus (plus 5000 points for an authorized user) has gotten even better — offer uncovered that also includes a $50 statement credit. For avoidance of doubt, adding in a $50 statement credit is better. It’s like when I wish for something unrealistic and so might as well make the wish even better by adding “and a pony.”
- Airlines that charge the fewest fees
- For our Aussie readers: ANZ cards are up to 50,000 point bonuses.
- Avoid wasting Uber credits on your employer: A pretty frequent issue that’s come up at work, an employee signs up for Uber and then needs to use it for work. They wind up burning their signup bonus credit or free ride, but can’t get reimbursed for it (can’t get a tax-free reimbursement for money you didn’t spend). But they are now out the free ride! It turns out there’s a solution. You actually can choose to use, or not use, a credit for any given ride. So just choose to pay for the reimbursable trip, and save the credit for a personal one.
- I Got Through Airport Security With Someone Else’s Plane Ticket. I feel no less safe, by the way.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!