News and notes from around the interweb:
- A good overview of Southeast Asia scams you’ll likely run into as a tourist. A good companion to my Common Tourist Scams and How to Avoid Them
- The taxi industry outspends Uber and Lyft on lobbying 3500:1
- Hipster scarf saves an American tourist’s life in Germany
- The New York Times on how money laundering and fraud are causing the screws to tighten on prepaid financial products.
- Uber launching business accounts and partnering with travel and expense company Concur. The article notes that Uber’s cut of each fare is 20%. (HT: S.)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!