Important things others are saying, and my own minor notes:
- United outsourcing customer service
to the DMVat 12 more airports. Actually, on second thought, this could be an improvement.
- And here is Cranky Flier on the mess that is United and how management is looking in all the wrong places for a fix.
- From my things not to do list: Up to a 50% bonus on purchased Alitalia miles this month.
- Sivercar, the all-Audi rental company which includes wifi, tolls (you pay only actual toll charges), and gas refills (for a flat $5 fee you pay market rate), is adding Denver in August. They’ve just added Miami and Phoenix on top of existing Austin, Dallas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco locations. See How I Made $12 on My Audi Car Rental, and How You Can Too.
- “The Sorry State of Amtrak’s On-Time Performance, Mapped”
- Expedia is putting lipstick on the pig of their rewards program, rebranding it ‘Expedia+ Rewards’. I wrote off this program completely when they gutted it a year ago and this rebrand does not improve things in any meaningful way.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!