News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1000 bonus United miles for making shopping transactions totaling $250 or more by June 30 through the MileagePlus portal by June 30.
- Amazon e-gift cards are a way to generate low cost transactions on a credit card, or get nearly every last cent off of a gift card. Doctor of Credit reports that they’ve raised their minimum transaction amount from 15 cents to 50 cents. He also notes that Amazon’s UK website still sells these in amounts as low as £0.1 (~$0.17).
- American’s small business program will award you Business ExtrAA points for using TriNet’s online and mobile expense reporting system. Certainly better than tracking paper receipts, this is a competitor to Expensify. (I’ve always wondered why Chase develops their own tool for their business cards – Jot – instead of just acquiring or co-branding with a specialized product like these.)
- Worst hotel view ever, #2. This room was given to a Hilton Diamond member.
- Using American AAdvantage miles to book awards on Etihad should be back soon.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!