News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta tweets an image of a giraffe in honor of the US World Cup win over Ghana. Because all African countries have giraffes. They deleted the tweet, apologized, and then deleted the apology due to a misspelling, and apologized again. But their tweet didn’t include an image of an unnatural act with a plane.
- An afternoon long haul slot pair (right to takeoff and land) at London’s Heathrow airport is worth $31 million. That’s down 55% in 7 years. And it’s the price American Airlines is paying for the slots from Cyprus Airways, which will presumably cease service to Heathrow when the slots transfer in September.
- $1000 gift card you can buy online with a credit card. Definitely file this under ‘developing’. It appears but I will want confirmation that this gets treated as a purchase and not as a cash advance. We do not yet know if you can get a PIN number to use the gift card as a debit card. But apparently you can withdrawal the funds from an ATM machine.
- 15% off Virgin America flights.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!