For the past several hours View from the Wing was unreachable. Many of you reached out by email, starting conversations with me at Milepoint.com, and otherwise.
- All is well (with me, thank you for your concern)
- We’re back (the site is live again)
- I haven’t been able to successfully approve dozens of comments in the pending (possible spam) queue yet, but expect to be able to soon.
- I apologize deeply for the outage.
I appreciate deeply that being offline for a few hours causes concern and withdrawal! You have no idea how much that means to me.
Meanwhile, it’s incredibly vexing for me as well. No comments! No ability to post and share thoughts on the day’s developments. Frankly, I’m addicted to my blog too.
Apparently some system upgrades were being done over the weekend (I couldn’t add new content between 5pm Eastern Saturday evening and 5am Eastern Sunday morning.. so I pre-scheduled a post for Saturday night). And the hosting company tried to finish things up today with some ‘minor tweaks’. That, umm, tweaked alright.
But we’re back, I appreciate your patience!
And if you didn’t miss me, well, then this post is entirely self-indulgent. So thanks for indulging me.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!