News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m giving away $400, it’s easy to enter with a comment.
- Pilot calls 911.. on himself.
- Friday’s post on the IRS’ plans to impose a greater tax burden on loyalty programs got picked up by the Tax Foundation, at Reason.com and the New York Sun (Full disclosure: eighteen years ago the Tax Foundation published a study I wrote on the historical federal tax burden on small business.)
- Register by May 31 and fly Finnair by June 30 and earn 2000 bonus Finnair Plus points.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (parent of Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, and related brands) rejected a $10 billion takeover offer apparently made by Starwood.
- If you’re between 14 and 25, Alitalia will give you 2000 miles for joining, 2000 more miles for account activity within 90 days, a 50% bonus on your flights and a 20% discount on award tickets. Oh, to be young again!
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!