News and notes from around the interweb:
- Washington Dulles is a very bad airport. You reach the airport and you’re nowhere near the actual airport. There’s a taxi monopoly that’s terrible for the environment — one cab takes you, and returns empty while another drives there empty to pick up passengers. And now they’re harassing Uber drivers (and not just UberX, either). If nothing else, DC-based flyers really need a hash tag.
- Last week I said that it’s time for United’s Board to look for new management instead of new customers. The largest local chapter of United’s pilots union agrees. And in the airline industry a pilots union can effectively oust a CEO (as we’ve seen in the past at both United and American).
- 900 free Alitalia miles for signing up for a car rental program.
- LAX moves to require unionization for ground handling workers at the airport
- Here’s how Turkish Airlines informs you you’re losing status. That’s an email subject line!
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!