News and notes from around the interweb:
- More bad news for US Airways on Twitter.
- Getting the most value for your money at Chipotle despite rising prices there.
- Get a $56 hotel credit, enough for a free room in Asia.
- The IHG Rewards Club 50% off award sale for certain hotels in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean is now live.
- A Cathay Pacific passenger tried to hijack a plane with a toblerone bar. It didn’t work, because that’s just chocolate. The passenger then returned to his seat when asked to do so. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
The passenger’s head was wrapped in two economy class blankets, leaving only his eyes visible, and he wore another blanket on his back like a cape. In one hand was a large Toblerone chocolate bar that Manselius was “grasping like a sword”, said Luk.
“He said, ‘I am robbing the plane now. I want to see the Olympics in Sochi and I need to get off the plane now,” recalled Leung. “He was furious. He made me feel like he was trying to endanger the aircraft.”
- Now that Bing travel has shut down farecast, 538 asks can big data predict airfare movements and save yo money?
- The 10 Most Disappointing Destinations in the World. I agree with Niagara Falls, New York (go to Iguazu Falls instead) and Nassau, Bahamas.
- A reason to travel, or the singularity of awesome? Colorado gets the very first marijuana vending machine. And it accepts bitcoin.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!