News and notes from around the interweb:
- Southwest’s labor problems stem from lower profit margins
- Emirates will begin flying an Airbus A380 Dallas – Dubai starting October 1. That means onboard showers in first clss, people. Japan Airlines miles (Starwood Preferred Guest transfer partner) are often the best for roundtrip Emirates redemptions. Alaska Mileage Plan miles are great for one-way awards (and no fuel surcharges).
- How to change your frequent flyer number attached to oneworld airline reservations.
- Delta is adding ice cream to transatlantic coach flights.
- DFW will also be getting more customs officers.. over the next 12 to 18 months. That’s to help with extremely long lines during peak times, and is way too far off. Thank goodness for Global Entry.
- Air France’s new slogan: “France is in the air” .. so that’s what the smell was.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!